MMPT Health Retreat in Poli, Italy!
Aug 27- Sept 3, 2023
An active week away in an Italian hillside villa.
Join me for MMPT Health Retreat like no other! We will enjoy an incredible week in a stunning Italian villa, just 40km outside Rome in the lovely town of Poli.
Morning walks, evening yoga, hikes in the nearby mountains, workouts, delicious Italian food cooked by locals. Honestly, it doesn't get better than this.
Whether it's a circuit workout, yoga flow, hiking afternoon, or exploring the acres around the villa, each day will have an opportunity to stretch your legs, challenge your lungs and move your body.
Healthy, Fresh Food
The Retreat will have a combination of meals out at small local restaurants and incredible catered meals in by Italian locals. We'll be sure to enjoy all that is special to Italy.
Riposarsi e Rilassarsi
Italian for 'rest & relax'. Yes, there will be lots of fun activities, but there will also be ample time for R&R. Time to read a book, enjoy the views, take a swim in the pool, or just enjoy a quiet walk around the villa property.
A local hike, a tour around the quaint village, a day to choose your own tour option. Adventures and experiences that will stay with you, long after this magical trip is over.
I can't think of a better combination of workouts, yoga, fresh mountain air, combined with incredible fresh Italian food.
If you want to get out of the touristy cities and experience a true Italian village, come to Poli with me in August!
This incredible experience in Poli, Italy includes
- 8 days, 7 nights accommodation at a historic hillside villa in Poli, Italy.
- Most meals throughout the week (seven breakfasts, three lunches and four dinners). A couple lunches and dinners will be at each participant’s expense on the days we are out on excursions. *as mentioned on the draft itinerary. Two dinners will be prepared at the Retreat villa by local residents, using farm to table ingredients.
- Welcome reception & farewell dinner with delicious home-cooked, healthy Italian dishes.
- Daily workouts or yoga sessions with a certified personal trainer & yoga instructor.
- All equipment required for workouts & yoga will be provided.
- 2 day-trip adventures
- A day hike to Monti Tiburtini (5 hr Moderate-rated hike near Tivoli)
- Day trip to Tivoli, a nearby historic town.
- Sunset winery tour & dinner - in nearby Frascati.
- 2 health & wellness related workshops throughout the week to help you focus on your goals, generate motivation and keep momentum going, and learn valuable tools & tips to get your health on track.
- Transportation to and from the villa for day trips and dinners.
- Arrival/ Departure transportation from the town of Poli to the Retreat Villa.
- Access to a trainer all week for any of your health related questions. Want to perfect your form on specific exercises? Curious how you can train for your first 10km or half marathon (or maybe just get started running)? Interested in how you can build healthy eating habits that actually stick? Want to get over the fear and intimidation you feel when going to gym? I am your resource all week and completely dedicated to helping you get the results and build the habits you need to be successful in the long run!
- Lifelong memories after an incredible active week away in Italy.
- Frascati Room - King bed with ensuite bathroom - Booked
- San Gregorio Room - Queen bed with ensuite bathroom - Booked
- Poli Room - Queen bed with ensuite bathroom
- Casape Rooms - 2 available, one has a queen bed ($3699 for this room), the other has 2 twin beds ($3499 per bed). Both of these rooms share 1 bathroom located just outside the bedrooms.
- Roma Room - This room set up is perfect for friends who want to share. There is a queen bed with an ensuite bathroom ($3699), and a larger room which has a king bed ($3699) & shares the same bathroom. Have three friends interested? There is actually a sofa bed available in this large space. Please contact me for pricing for three people.
* Coming with a friend or partner and want to share a bed? Take $300 off the price listed above per person.
All pricing is in CAD.
GST will be added to all pricing listed above.
**Not included in the price is the cost of transportation from your home city to Poli, Italy.
***$400 Deposit is required to reserve your spot and is non-refundable.
Minimum registration numbers must be met for Retreat to go ahead. In the event that the Retreat is cancelled by Motivated Movement, your deposit will be refunded.
****All guests must have and provide proof of valid travel insurance prior to the Retreat.
Your Retreat Host
Hi! I’m Marisa and I would love to hang out with you for a week in an Italian hillside villa!
I am a registered Personal Trainer with over 13 years of experience, Yoga Instructor, Precision Nutrition Level 1 coach and Certified Leadership Coach. I love being active outdoors. Getting out of town with some like-minded people to spend a week in the sun sweating, laughing, recharging & relaxing, while eating delicious Italian food sounds just about like perfection to me.
I will be your trainer all week and will be leading the group through workouts, morning hill walks, yoga sessions and facilitating a few health & wellness workshops. This is your retreat, so everything is optional. All exercises can be modified, non-runners can walk and yoga will be geared to various levels of stretchiness (or non-stretchiness!)
Where is Poli?
Located just 40 min outside of Rome, Poli is accessible yet feels miles away from the hustle & bustle of busy Italian life and tourists.
Surrounded by mountains, the village itself leans at the foot of a mountain, Mount Guadagnolo (1218 meters above sea level).
The villa is situated on a 7-hector land surrounded by olive, wild pears, apples, figs, apricot, peach, cherry, walnut and almond trees, acacias, Judas, oaks, pines, cedars, cypress trees.
MMPT Poli Health Retreat - Draft Itinerary
A week of movement, yoga, hiking annnnnd all the delicious Italian food from the region. Pure bliss.
Below is an outline of the draft itinerary, click to download the full itinerary.
Sun, Aug 27th - Arrive at the Retreat Villa. Dinner out at local restaurant.
Meals included: D
Mon Aug 28th - Morning workout & walk (or a run for those who prefer that option).
Afternoon to enjoy the villa, pool & explore the grounds.
Dinner at the villa
Meals included: B/L/D
Tues Aug 29th - Today we will hike Monti Tiburtini near Tivoli (This hike is listed as moderate and will take about 5 hours to complete). A moderate level of fitness is required. Those who prefer not to hike are welcome to stay and enjoy the villa.
In the evening we will be treated a catered dinner @ the Villa by local chefs with farm to table ingredients.
Meals included: B/L/D
Wed Aug 30th - Tivoli Exploration Day. We will travel to Tivoli and have time to explore this historic town. Points of interest include Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este's gardens, as well as ruins of Roman aqueducts, a medieval castle, and several interesting churches
Lunch will be on your own and the group will meet for dinner at a local restaurant
Meals included: B
Download the full itinerary.
Workouts, yoga, hikes & delicious local food ?!?!.... give me all the details!!